This manual is intended for amateur adult students or future professionals.
Three volumes corresponding to the three cycles of a complete training are planned.
Each volume is divided into four complementary sections:
2. Intonation and Intervals
3. Harmony and Improvisation
4. Analysis and Interpretation
The sections must be addressed simultaneously, the progression may coincide from one section to another.
The objectives are:
- rigorous and systematic training in intonation and the main musical languages \u200b\u200bencountered in the vocal repertoire (tonality, modality, atonality, serialism ...)
- a complete rhythmic training focused on the specificities of vocal music (prosody in different languages, types of vocal and instrumental writing)
- an introduction to the main tools of analysis (phraseology, tonal and harmonic analysis, structures and forms ...)
- an immersion in the culture of the specific repertoire of singing (vocal genres, interpretation practices, styles and various eras)
Marguerite Labrousse and Jean-Paul Despax, teachers of music training at the CRR in Paris, have designed this book according to their teaching in the classes of singers.